Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jeff's Favorite Movies

I got started on this list after watching "The Natural" a few weeks ago. Every time I revisit it, however, I discover a new title that I forgot to include. These are likely my top 25. I chose the films because they are movies I most frequently watch and recommend.

1) The Natural
2) Raiders of the Lost Ark
3) Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
4) Back to the Future
5) The Princess Bride
6) Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
7) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
8) Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
9) GATTACA
10) Batman Begins
11) Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
12) Life is Beautiful
13) Rudy
14) Hercules
15) Babe
16) The Nativity
17) Nacho Libre
18) Secondhand Lions
19) Galaxy Quest
20) A Knight’s Tale
21) Contact
22) Mr. Holland’s Opus
23) Cinderella Man
24) October Sky
25) Kung Fu Panda

Funny to note, the majority are underdog stories of people rising above difficult odds, with some intervention from the universe to fulfill their destiny. Maybe that's theme that resonates with me. I love rooting for an underdog, even in sports- problem is you are either very fulfilled by an upset victory, or disappointed by the favorites winning. Such is life, but I'll keep rooting for them anyway.

1 comment:

Baerman said...

In the name of commenting on your blog...I think Tiffany's list of movies was rather eclectic conglomerate of films. When I saw Jeff's list I said "oh, yeah, oh yeah, oh definitely top 10." I think we're cousins.